CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 4, 2010

Sweet and Savory Beef

How do I measure success?  My husband asks to take this for lunch the next day, and refers to it as, "mmm...that meat!"  


Posted by Anjanette S. and inspired by The Crockpot Lady


1 2-lb. roast beef of some sort, or stew meat chunks (cheap cut ok for this)
1 can of cranberry sauce (whole or jelly)
1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
1/4 cup reduced sodium real soy sauce
2 TB Italian dressing

Season both sides of the meat with salt and pepper and place in large pan.  Mix the sauce ingredients together and pour over the beef.  Cover with foil and bake 1 hour at 325 degrees, then reduce temp to 300 for 1 hour and then 275 for 2-3 hours or until it can be easily pulled apart with a fork.  If towards the end, the sauce is starting to turn too dark and stick to the side of the pan, scoop it out into a bowl and save until the meat is done and pour it back over the pulled-apart beef.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Anj. Have you posted the recipe for that mushroom and ground meat casserole you made for us when we came home from Houston with Emma? I couldn't find it, but I can't figure out how to look for recipes in the blog in an organized way... I wonder if there is a way to make an index... I wish I knew how...
    Anyway, I would love to try that recipe if you have a minute and can email it to me or post it on the blog. Thanks! sonia lopez

    ReplyDelete